This is a blog for the discussion of curious trivia (as the name was designed to suggest). I read all comments, so don't hesitate to post a comment even if the post is years old: these are long-term interests of mine! I don't post every day, I'm afraid, so I suggest that, if you are interested, you go to http://www.changedetection.com/ and put the name of this blog in it, so that you will be e-mailed when there is a new post or comment.

Monday, May 22, 2006

long-lived musicians

Further to the posts on long-lived bands, the chief contender for the title of the Longest Operatic Career is Danshi Toyotake of Hyogo, Japan, sang Musume Gidayu (a traditional Japanese narrative) for 91 years from the age of seven, from 1898 to 1989.

According to the Guinness World of Records, Stanley Hayes has been the organist at St David's Church, Thelbridge, Devon, since 1926, when he was 13. He's still going strong apparently.

Daniel H.

3 Comments:

Blogger C G said...

You know that the New English Bible attracted criticism over it's rendering of the Christian's duty to avoid certain situations: 'avoid loose livers'. True! Didn't mention long livers, but surely that's equally unusual?

11:30 am

 
Blogger Daniel Hill said...

My doctor told me that my liver is very long (and thick). Daniel

8:48 pm

 
Blogger C G said...

A-ha! Good job I stick to conservative translations of the Textus Receptus then ... you thick-liver ...

7:34 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home